1. Do I need a passport to travel into Costa Rica?
To enter the country you need a valid passport.
2. Do I need a visa for Costa Rica
Depending on the country of origin, it’s possible to enter Costa Rica without a visa. USA,
Canada and most European countries have this privilege.
3. Can I enter Costa Rica on a one-way-ticket?
All visitors have to present a return ticket at entry.
4. Can you drink Costa Rica’s tapwater?
In most parts of the country tapwater is drinkable, though, we recommend
drinking bottled water, especially in coastal areas.
5. What’s the local currency?
Costa Rica’s currency is the Colon. US-Dollars and common credit cards are
also widely accepted.
6. What immunizations are required for Costa Rica?
Since July 30th 2007, the Costa Rican authorities request that travellers from the following countries get the immunization for yellow fever: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Bolivia, Venezuela, Brazil, Peru, Colombia and Ecuador as well as French Guyana. Additionally, we recommend you get the Hepatitis A and B vaccine!
7. If I decide to stay in the country longer, how can I apply for a visa during my stay?
You need to leave the country for at least 72 hours, at reentry your visa is automatically valid again for another 90 days.
8.Are there local airlines that conduct inland flights?
SANSA at: www.flysansa.com (506)2221-9414 or
Nature Air at: www.natureair.net (506) 2220-3054.
9.What’s the time difference to Europe?
Eight hours behind during European summertime and 7 hours less during European wintertime.
10. Should I bring treats for the dogs at the Surfcamp in Costa Rica?